Follow this easy step by step guide to start a call using Skype. But before you make Skype calls, you must remember these things:
- Your device must have a Skype installed in it. It must also be updated to the latest version so that it will run smoothly on your device. To do this, just visit their website and download Skype there to be sure that what you are downloading is the real thing.
- Another important thing that you must know is that your device must have a working microphone and speakers. You can always use a headset but be sure that it is Skype compatible. There is a list of compatible headsets in the Skype website that you can avail to be sure that it will work on Skype.
- If you are planning to make a video call, it is necessary that you have a webcam. Most laptops have built-in webcams, but if you are using a desktop computer, then you must have an external webcam installed to it. You can also record Skype video calls using Supertintin Skype Recorder. This easy to use program can record high quality audio and video calls that you can save for future viewing. To know more about this product, visit their website at supertintin.com.
Now that you are ready to start a Skype call, here is the guide that you must follow:
- Log in to Skype using your username and password. After that double click on the contact that you want to start a Skype call with. The profile of the contact will appear and if you have already called that contact recently, just click the green button to call him/her again.
- When you have clicked the “Call” button, you will hear a ringing sound; just wait for the other line to pick up your call. Remember that only authorized contact can answer your call.
- If the person you are calling is not listed in your contact list, a pop up window will appear with a green circle and a “plus” sign on it. Click this icon to add him/her to your contact list and you can also introduce yourself for your contact request to be accepted.
After knowing these things, the next step is for you to apply all that you have learned and start calling your friends and loved ones through Skype now.