Remember the old days when the bulky yellow pages reigned supreme along with our beloved telephones? Well Skype has its own directory of business details that is known as SkypeFind.
Think of it as the “blue pages” if you’re pretty nostalgic with the old directories. It contains a database of businesses that are provided by other Skype users, so rest assured that they are accurate since they can be edited and reviewed.
So if someone is looking for services like how to find a free Skype video recorder or someone who can repair laptops, then SkypeFind is the right place.
Of course, if you have a business to share, you can post it in SkypeFind and help others in their search for particular services. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to add a business to the list:
- Sign in to your Skype.
- Click the Call Phones tab.
- If you’re using Skype 5.0, click Directory. If you’re using Skype 5.1, click Find Business. Afterwards, click Recommend a Business.
- You may then add the required business details like business name, location, phone number, keywords that will help sort the business like “plumbing” or “electrician”, and provide a short review of the business on the Comments section.
- Once you’re done, click Save.
- If you want to edit an existing business, just click Edit Details. Keep in mind that you cannot change the phone number since it is the unique identifier of each business in the database.
If a certain business has changed numbers, you may click on Report a Concern to let Skype know about the incorrect number. You can also use that to report a business that’s deemed to be inappropriate or offensive.
And since it is in Skype, you can call the business directly on the program but do remember that you need Skype Credit if you’re about to call a landline or a mobile number. Also keep in mind that SkypeFind isn’t available for versions 5.2 and above since they’re still working on new functions to be implemented on the service, and it also isn’t yet available for Mac OS X.
Had dinner at an awesome Italian restaurant last night? Make sure to share it to the world in SkypeFind and you might just make someone’s dinner extra special. Don’t forget to use Supertintin Skype Recorder if you wish to record the moment you tell your friends about your gastronomic discovery.