Not everybody knows how to navigate the web and create their own account at Skype. Your grandparents, aunt or uncle may be one of them. It won’t hurt to lend a helping hand to those who are not so knowledgeable about computers right?
Before creating an account make sure that Skype has been properly installed on the computer of the person you are creating the account for. There are also a couple of things you should remember before creating the account for someone else:
- Make sure that you are creating the account with their consent.
- Ask the person of his preferred Skype name and password. If not, think of a name that suits him.
- Know the basic personal information of the person you are creating the account for. For example, full name, phone number, address, email address, date of birth, etc.
- Check if their speakers, webcam, microphones and headsets are properly installed.
Ready to create that account? Follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Skype website and click on the “Sign In” on the upper right hand corner of the window.
- In the new page, click “Create an account”
- Enter all the required information like full name, email address, preferred Skype name and password, country and language. Information such as date of birth, gender and city are optional.
- Click o the “I agree—Continue” button. This will open to your new account page.
HELPFUL TIP: For security purposes, when creating a password, make sure to choose a unique, secure and strong password. Passwords are case sensitive and must be at least 6 to 20 characters containing numbers and letters. Also, avoid using the same password for all your accounts. Hackers have a way of discovering passwords by phishing through emails.
Now that you have completed the process of creating a new account, be sure inform the person that you created the account for of his Skype name and password. Rest assured that you can be trusted in keeping the passwords confidential.
There’s also an easy way to record your Skype calls. SuperTintin is a recording tool for online conversations. Tell your friends about it.