What is Force Skype HD Video?
Yes, there is such a thing as the Force Skype HD Video. What this free downloadable program can do is to force your Skype software to activate high quality videos or HQ Video– even if you don’t use one of those expensive dual-core processor webcams.
Why Do You Need High Quality Video?
As a frequent Skype user, you might have wished at one time or another for a better quality video call. HQ videos are useful if you want to have a good visual of the person on the other end of the screen, and vice versa. It is essential if you are planning to record your calls– for reviewing conference talks, for distribution of podcasts, or just for playback of treasured Skype video calls to loved ones that are far away.
However, if you do not have the right kind of equipment, it is hard to achieve high quality video resolutions on Skype. Standard resolution is at a mere 160×120. Then there is the 320×240 res, and the HQ at 640×480. To make Skype go into hi res mode, you would normally need to have one of those Logitech webcams– which can cost a fortune. The good news is that there is another alternative. You could download the Force Skype HQ Video program.
Setting up the Force Skype HQ Video
1. Sign up at Brothersoft.com. It is a software download website where you will find the Force Skype program. Alternatively, you can go to nodewave.com for the free software download.
2. Reconfigure your webcam according to these requirements: the latest version of your webcam driver and a Skype version that is above v3.6.
3. You can now install Force Skype HD Video.
4. Click on the Enable HD Video tab in the software.
5. Quit, restart, and your contacts can now enjoy high definition and high quality Skype videos from you.