With Skype in our households, you can make video conference calls with people from across the globe. Did you know that you could also play music with its special feature? This special feature called Stereo Mix on your computer plays sounds and music with Skype without having to use microphones and speakers.
What is Stereo Mix?
Stereo Mix is a recording option available on some sound cards used with the Windows operating system. Although in most sound cards, this feature is disabled by default. Stereo Mix allows the output signal of the computer like system sounds to be recorded.
In order to set up this feature on your computer, you are asked to follow these simple steps:
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the computer’s task bar. On the context menu that appears select “Recording Devices”.
- Right-click on the blank space in the Recording panel of the “Sound” options window and select the “Show Disabled Devices” option.
3. Right-click on the “Stereo Mix” option. Then select the “Enable” option. Click “Apply”. Then click “OK” to save the changes.
4. Double-click the Skype program icon to launch the program. Click the “Tools” menu and select “Options”.
5. Click the “Audio Settings” tab, followed by the arrow to the right of the Microphoneheading. From the drop-down menu, select the “Stereo Mix” option. Now, sounds played on your computer will be played over Skype.
Setting up special features on your computer is easy when guided by these simple steps. There’s also an easy way to record your online video and voice calls. Finally there’s a recording tool for your online conversations with SuperTintin. Record family conversations, interviews, conferences, lessons and etc. with SuperTintin.
Start saving your video and voice calls today!