The echo, feedback and lack of sound can be due to an incompatible headset. The microphone on your laptop is not enough to produce a good sound quality. Technology experts suggest we use and choose the best headset for our Skype calls.
In order to enjoy hassle-free calls with Skype, it is best if you use the latest, top-of-the-line, Skype-certified gadgets.
There is a wide variety of headsets to choose from available on the Skype Shop. Here are the Top 5 Skype-certified Headsets today:
1. Logitech Wireless Headset H800. Wander up to 12m (40ft) from your computer using the tiny, leave-in nano receiver. Its built-in equalizer optimizes sound whether you’re chatting or listening to music.
2. Plantronics Audio 478. Clear HD sound and foldable design gives you great audio on the go. It has a noise-canceling microphone works with DSP to block low-frequency noise and provide crystal clear conversations.
3. FREETALK Freedom Wireless (TALK-5192). Optimised for Skype – excellent for all internet calls. Up to 15 metres effective range.
4. FREETALK Everyman Wireless (TALK-5195). Full band headphones and wideband microphone make for rich stereo sound and astounding quality audio.
5. FREETALK Everyman Headset (TALK-5115). Innovative light fold-flat design lets you plug and play with excellent USB audio quality.
It is best to invest in a headset especially if you are using it for work or business. Below are some things to remember in choosing a headset.
- Research both online and on your local retail stores to find out the prices, features which headsets are available on your location.
- Budget is a great consideration although most headsets only cost around $20 to $80. How much are you willing to spend for a good quality, Skype-certified headset?
- Try them on. It is important to test its comfort and sound. So do a little test while on the store before you make that decision.
Consider shopping through the Skype Shop where they showcase a wide variety of Skype-certified headsets that would certainly work well with your Skype calls.
Your Skype call will be great for recording after all the audio problems have been resolved. Record your video calls through SuperTintin. SuperTintin can record both audio and video streams including Skype voice mail and screen sharing.