It’s not new to have stalkers or random people who could carelessly mind your personal life in your social pages. Skype isn’t even free from them and all you want to do is get away (unless you’re attention-hungry). Lower your chances of getting unwanted invitations and calls by managing your Skype privacy settings to protect your privacy offline and online.
To change your Skype privacy settings:
- In Skype, from the menu bar, click Skype > Privacy….
- Under Privacy Settings, control who is allowed to make Skype-to-Skype calls to you by choosing Allow anyone to contact me or Only allow people in my Contact list to contact me.
- Click Show advanced options on the right to display more options to manage your privacy settings.
- Under Automatically receive video and screen sharing from, choose anyone, people in my Contact list only, or no one to control who is allowed to send you video and share screen with you.
- Under Allow IMs from, choose anyone or people in my Contact list only to control who can send you instant messages.
- Check the Allow Microsoft targeted ads, including use of Skype profile and gender option if you want to share your profile details with advertisers.
There might be a time that you could have confidential messages. Prevent others from reading your messages (accidentally or purposely) by managing your conversation history.
To change your history settings:
- In Skype, from the menu bar, click Skype > Privacy…> Show advanced options.
- Below Keep history for, click on the drop-down list and select the amount of time you’d like your history to be saved for. Choose from forever, 3 months, 1 month, 2 weeks or no history.
- Or you could delete your conversation history including instant messages, calls, voice messages, SMS text messages, sent and received files by clicking Clear history. Please note that once you delete your conversation history, you can’t recover it.
Just by following these simple steps, you could finally feel confident that your Skype account is safe and you could continue making those calls without any nuisance. Have more fun by downloading a Skype video recorder when having calls with contacts close to you.