Want to call someone for free? Go Skype! Skype provides free voice and video calls through VoIP that’s available to use either on your mobile phone or computer as long as you have a stable Internet connection. You may even record them with a Skype recorder like SuperTinTin!
Registering for a Skype account is fast and easy. Here are the steps.
- Go to www.skype.com
- Click on Join Skype located at the upper right hand of the website.
- It should redirect you to the registration page that says “create an account or sign in”.
- Fill up the information needed.
- Once you’re done, you are prompted to buy Skype credits which are non-compulsory Use Skype credits only if you want to call and send text messages from your Skype account to mobile phones. To pass up on this option, just tick “Not now, thanks”.
- The Skype software will automatically download to your computer.
- After downloading, you may follow the steps indicated on the redirect screen regarding how to install Skype.
- Once Skype’s installed, you may now make your first call!
However, you could also avail yourself of a Skype number so people can call your from their mobile phones or land lines and you can answer back via Skype. Getting an Online Number also allows you to use voice mail so that every time you’re unavailable, your contacts could just leave you a message that you can replay once you sign back in.
Here’s how to get a Skype Online Number:
- Click on the “Buy an online number Now” button. Under the “My Skype Account Overview” page, choose your currency. If your currency is supposed to be U.S. dollars and it’s currently set to euros, you may be able to change it by clicking the Change link.
- Select the country you’re from and input your area code. Skype gives you a list of available area codes . Select one.
- Activate your Number.
- Choose your payment method.
- Complete your payment info and Submit.